Table of Contents
In this rapidly evolving world, for your business to grow, owning an online presence only is not enough. If you want to increase customer engagement to your website, generate more leads, or sell any service, you need to appear at the top of the online search results.
It does not matter what size your website is- be it large, medium, or small, every business needs SEO today.
SEO or Search engine optimization can enhance the organic traffic to your websites by improving your appearance in search results.
But understanding Google search’s algorithm and strategy can be tricky at times and If you are not sure on how to implement an SEO strategy effectively for your website, don’t worry we are here to help.
In this article, we have prepared a list of SEO’s most relevant statistics to help your business grow.
Trending SEO statistics
General SEO statistics
- Google- the most popular search engine by far (Source Search Engine Journal):
As of 2021, it has been seen that 79% of the total desktop searches have been made by Google. After that is Bing at 7.27%, Baidu at 6.55%, Yahoo at 5.06%, and the remaining 2.2% of search traffic is made by ask.com, etc.
- 61% of marketers hold the belief that SEO is the need for online success.
- 50% of the search queries are made with 4 words (WordStream).
- 73% of customers trusted Businesses with online reviews more (Breezy Hill Marketing – Crunchbase Company Profile & Funding).
- 65% of marketers admit that link building is the most difficult aspect of SEO.
- 34% of companies allocate more than $1000 to link building efforts.
- 18% of authentic clicks go on first search results, 10% go to second, and 7% go to the third (Business 2 Community – Top Trends, News & Expert Analysis).
- 50% of the users are more likely to click on the brand that appears multiple times(Search Engine People).
- Quick loading pages are ranked higher than pages that load slowly(Backlinko).
- The average content length for any page that ranks number 1 on a search engine is 2000 words(Quick Sport).
Voice search SEO statistics
- Google supports more than 100 languages for speech recognition now(FirstSiteGuide).
- 65% of adults speak to their devices at least once per day(PwC).
- By 2020, half of the online searches will be voice search(comScore).
- While driving, 52% of the people use voice search(Social Media Today).
- Voice search results load 52% faster than text-based results (Backlinko).
- 51% of people use voice search to research products(https://corp.narvar.com/).
- Grocery(20%), Entertainment(19%), Electronics(17%), are the top searches by customers for purchase(OC&C Strategy Consultants ).
- Siri with 48.4% of users continues to lead the smartphone voice assistant market(99acres.com).
- 20% of the voice search results are triggered by 25 keywords(seoClarity).
- 22% of customers make purchases through voice and 17% use it for reordering(Narvar).
Local SEO statistics
- 4 out of 5 consumers use a search engine for local information(Google).
- 92% of searchers will pick a business on the first page of search results(SEO Experts Inc ).
- 61% of people contact mobile-friendly sites more(HubSpot).
- 97% of people learn about a local business online(SEO Tribunal).
- 75% of people aged between 35-54 read reviews on mobile browsers(BrightLocal).
- 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information(GO-Gulf).
- 50% of mobile users end up visiting the store after doing online research(Serpwatch).
- 72% of computer users and 67% of smartphone users want ads customized to their city or zip code(Google).
Link building statistics
- High-quality backlinks account for 30% of the overall page score in Google(QuickSprout).
- Link is ranked in the top 3 most important google ranking factor(Search Engine Land).
- Companies involved in blogging receive 97% more backlinks to their site(HubSpot).
- 42% of SEOs spend as much time building internal links as they do external links(Databox).
- 43.7% of top-ranking pages in Google contain reciprocal links(Ahrefs).
- 77.2% of backlinks are received by long contents(Backlinko).
- 66% of pages have zero backlinks pointing to them(Ahrefs).
Some miscellaneous SEO stats
- 62% of Google universal research includes video(Marketing Land).
- Your chance of landing on the first page of Google increases by 53% if there is a video on your page(Strother Communications Group).
- 68.2% of the first page of Youtube videos are HD(Backlinko).
- List-style articles are considered more by users(Moz ).
- 47% of consumers expect a web page to load in 2 secs or less(Neil Patel).
- 35% of shoppers say that mobile is their main purchasing tool(Serpwatch).
- 58% of Google searches are backed by mobile(Hitwise).
After reading this article, you would have understood that SEO contributes to a major part in the success of businesses online. Today more and more people are moving towards voice search and link-building trends to find local businesses that can serve their needs. Understanding SEO strategy and statistics is a must for businesses to grow. These data proven stats and trends from experts would definitely help you to make an informed decision in your next SEO campaign.