The modern world is growing to become more competitive in nature. There are hundreds of companies and brands in every business out there, and they compete with each other to grab the attention of the consumers. Under these circumstances, marketing and advertising become immensely significant for every business. Marketing acts as a tool for business, helping it to drive and upscale the buying or selling of the product or service it offers.
Marketing plays a crucial role for small businesses that can reach a wider audience through different techniques. It also helps market giants to influence their target audience more effectively. There are different types of marketing that include video marketing, digital and SEO market, content marketing, influencer marketing, data-driven marketing, and so on. All of these techniques and strategies have reaped fairly positive results for several businesses around the world.
Video Marketing Statistics
- Videos are one of the most popular media streams in the modern world. According to an estimate, 96% of consumers have shown an increasing interest in videos in the year 2020.
- 9 out of 10 consumers also said that they prefer watching videos of different businesses and brands.
- Research estimates that by 2022 an average person will spend around 100 minutes watching videos every day.
- This shows the importance and relevance of videos in the marketing strategies of businesses. Studies also show that around 54% of consumers wish to see more video advertisements from different brands of their likings.
- 72% of customers prefer to learn about a business through a video, and 84% of consumers believe that they are convinced to buy a good or acquire a service by looking at the brand’s video.
- 79% of the consumers believe that they buy or download software by watching its video advertisement.
- It is also believed that consumers grasp about 95% of the idea that is delivered through a video. However, they only retain about 10% of the message through text. Consumers prefer videos over texts as a form of advertisement.
- The colors, graphics, and sounds of a video message carry a strong influence on the viewers. Hence, it is also the reason that over 86% of businesses preferably use videos as a marketing tool. These numbers have climbed up by 23% in the last three years.
- As a marketing tool, videos are believed to perform exceptionally well. Marketers that use videos in their marketing techniques grow revenue 49% faster than other marketers.
- The addition of a video on any brand’s landing page can upscale the conversion rate by over 80%.
- Visitors spend more time when there is a video uploaded on any page.
- Researchers estimate that more video content is now uploaded in 30 days than what was uploaded in the 30-year history of US television.
- People play videos on every device they own, spending one-third of their online activity watching videos only.
SEO Marketing Statistics
- Despite being a relatively modern marketing concept, SEO marketing has revolutionized the field of advertisement. Studies show that over 93% of an individual’s online experience is initiated through search engines. They search for a term, keyword, or even a phrase on search engines like Google and Safari.
- Almost 95% of this consumer traffic directly selects the first website that appears after the search results.
- However, SEO is used to push a website to the top of the search results. About 89% of marketing experts believe that SEO has proven to be quite successful.
- Consumers that use search engines usually do not move past the first page of results. This is why over 91% of internet pages do not get any organic audience. Nonetheless, the trend of SEO is increasing lately, and brands are acknowledging the significance of SEO as a marketing tool.
- At this point in time, 55% of businesses are investing in professional SEO services.
- Businesses that spend a high amount on SEO are quite satisfied with how the service is fetching results for them.
- Budget constraints and algorithm changes appear to be the most challenging tasks for SEO marketers. However, small and medium-sized businesses are also gradually moving toward having optimized websites.
- Each month, an average business in the United States spends $497.16 on having SEO services.
Email Marketing Statistics
- Email marketing is a quite effective marketing tool as it returns $44 on every $1 spent. Many online and brick-and-mortar businesses are using email marketing to gain high profits.
- Studies show that email marketing has a 4,400% ROI, along with an average open rate of 82%. 95% of companies that are using various marketing automation techniques prefer the use of emails. They conduct target personalization to have better results.
- Emails are more influential towards PC users. Yet, 49% of emails are opened through mobile phones and about 54% of emails find themselves in the spam folder.
- Personalized emails get higher conversion results for brands, but only 30% of the businesses use this technique.
- Promotional messages, discount offers, cart abandonment emails, and new stock reminder emails have proven to be an instrumental tool for upscaling the sales of a business.
Content Marketing Statistics
- Content marketing has also proven to be an influential instrument in building brand value and attracting the target audience for a business. About 96% of content marketing experts believe that this marketing practice has helped them in fetching exceptional results for a brand.
- A content marketing strategy can make use of videos, blogs, images, articles, infographics, and other such tools that deliver the message of a business effectively. About 70% of marketers invest in content marketing and achieve their brand awareness goals through it.
- In 2021, the percentage of marketers that use content marketing has reached 82%. This is a major spike in figures recorded in the previous years.
- Content marketing also covers podcasts that can be a major boost for a brand’s marketing as currently 37% of consumers listen to podcasts.
- Over 77% businesses claim to have a strong content marketing strategy, and over 51% believe that by updating their old content, they have reached their goals rather quickly.
- Also, 78% of companies have a team of one-to-three content marketing specialists.
- More than 24% of marketers also plan on increasing their content marketing budgets for enhanced results.
- Various businesses inculcate blogging, videos, podcasts, and infographics in their content marketing strategies to fetch better sales results.
Social Media Marketing Statistics
- With the rise in popularity of social media platforms, social media marketing is also achieving more success in the marketing arena.
- Studies show that there are more than 3.50 billion social media users around the world. This is why about 87% of marketing experts use different social media platforms to market for a brand, business, product, or even a service.
- There are platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Reddit that are used to influence the decision-making of people.
- The consumer audience on these platforms is quite young. Almost 90% of Instagram users are aged less than 35.
- Also, SMM can be carried out through YouTube videos as well. Over 50% of all YouTube activity occurs on mobile phones.
Influencer Marketing Statistics
- Influencer marketing has also become a thing in the modern world, as people are more likely to buy a product when it is recommended by someone of their liking.
- Statistics show that more than 92% of consumers prefer recommendations from other people than brands.
- More than 80% of marketing experts claim that influencer marketing works wonders.
- The technique can be used on Instagram and Twitter as it delivers 11x higher ROI than other marketing tools.
- The average return for influencer marketing is $6.50 for every $1 spent.
- Also, 73% of marketing service providers allocate a budget to influencer marketing for better results.
Affiliate Marketing Statistics
- Affiliate Marketing is one of the most recent yet influential marketing techniques that is being pursued by several brands and businesses.
- Statistics show that now more than 80% of brands contain an affiliate program.
- Over 65% of affiliate marketers generate traffic through blogs and articles. Among them, over 94% use different marketing networks.
- Currently, affiliate marketing accounts for 16% of global eCommerce sales.
- The fashion industry accumulates the highest number of affiliate marketers.
- America is the biggest stakeholder in the affiliate marketing industry with 40% of the total share. America is then followed by the United Kingdom and Germany.
Lead Generation Statistics
- Lead generation is one of the most challenging task for marketers, as 61% of marketing companies find it hard to accomplish.
- Over 53% of marketers spend more than half of their marketing budget on lead generation tasks.
- 34% of marketers utilize less than half of their budget on lead generation.
- Inbound lead generation has successfully overshadowed outbound lead generation, as only 18% of marketers now find outbound lead generation useful.
- Marketers now use automation software to increase their leads and conversion. 77% of these marketers convert more leads than the ones who do not utilize automation software.
- Following up within 5 minutes leads to more conversion, and by outsourcing lead generation, brands fech 43% better results than their competitors who use in-house lead generation strategies.
Advertising Statistics Statistics
- Mobile advertising is one of the most trending marketing strategies, as it is expected to become a $240 billion industry by 2022.
- Over 94% of Facebook’s advertising revenue is generated through mobiles, so marketers use Facebook as a tool to influence the target audience of a brand or a business.
- Over 68% marketers believe that paid advertising is highly important and 33% of marketers use it to increase the awareness about a brand.
- Marketers also use Pay Per Click Advertising (PPC), as it generates twice the number of online visitors than SEO marketing.
- Statistics show that 96% of revenue for Google is generated through Google Ads.
- A staggering 88% of marketers use social media platforms for advertising.
- Advertising is believed to boost brand awareness by 80%, and therefore, 62% of marketers are increasing their PPC budgets to focus more on advertising.
- PPC also has a 50% higher conversion rate, accounting for a better ROI for brands and businesses.
Marketing Technology Statistics
- Marketers target the increasing use of technology from the worldwide users to advertise for a product or a service. There are over 2.48 billion messaging app users in the world.
- WhatsApp is the most used messaging app, followed by Facebook Messenger.
- The trend for live chats on social media sites is increasing as only 30% businesses used this feature previously.
- Over 60% of consumers are more positive towards brands that remember them and their past experiences.
- Consumers are 35x more likely to open messages from businesses on these platforms than opening the emails from the same brands.
- 62% consumers prefer messaging on these apps while confirming a service or an order. This is why more than 37% of organizatios have incorporated Artificial Intelligence to enhance their customer interaction policies. These numbers are constantly growing in the marketing industry.
Sales Marketing Statistics
- Brands are expected to take sales and marketing side by side which can help them in generating 209% more revenue.
- 46% of marketers nurture their leads, and it is believed to result in larger sales.
- Sales representatives ignore 50% of their marketing leads and thus, a lot of time is wasted on unproductive prospecting.
- 87% of sales and marketing experts believe and advocate that collaboration between the two fields result in better results for the business.
- Now, over 57% of businesses claim that they are moving to hybrid sales model in 2021 to utilize both fields to their maximized potential.
- Sales people that are active on LinkedIn and other social media profiles benefit from the brand’s marketing, and they are more likely to reach their sales quota.
All of these marketing techniques are considered to be highly influential when it comes to advertising a product or a service and increasing the sales volume of a business. Traditional marketing techniques are now replaced by these more influential alternatives that make marketing more interesting as well as more promising. There are several marketing service providers all around the world, and businesses can surely look up to them to step up their marketing game. These marketers might be highly-priced now but they surely increase the leads, sales, conversions, and ROI of businesses. This is the only way for modern businesses to thrive in the competitive market.