Editor’s Pick (Top ChatGPT Stats 2023)
- OpenAI launched Chat GPT on 30th November 2022
- It took only a week for ChatGPT to attract 1 million users
- In 2023, ChatGPT is expected to achieve a revenue of $200 million
- The value of OpenAI after the ChatGPT was valued at $29 billion
- It’s expected that company will generate up to $1 billion revenue by 2024
- Microsoft Azure Power ChatGTP
- Microsoft, Linked In Co-Founder Reid Hoffman and Khosla Ventures are behind ChatGTP
- There are over 570 GB of text in its training dataset.
- Microsoft has invested $1 Billion in Open AI. They have also said that they will invest $10 billion more.
- After the launch of ChatGPT, OpenAI became leading machine learning platform by funding raised
Chat GPT Interesting Statistics & Facts
|Launched On||30th November 2022|
|Users||1 Million users in 1st-week|
|Queries Per Day||approx 10 million|
|Founder||Sam Altman is CEO & Elon Musk is Co-founder|
|Backed by||Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, and LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman|
|Dataset Size||300 billion words, 570 GB|
|Head Quarter||San Francisco|
|Monthly Cost to Run||Approx 3 Million USD|
|Training Method||Reinforcement Learning from Human Feedback (RLHF)|
|Cost to Users||Free|
|Knowledgebase||Up to 2021|
|Predicted Revenue||USD 200 million by end of 2023|
Top ChatGPT Statistics February 2023: Trends, Facts, Stats & Data
Here are some latest Chat GPT Statistics, Facts and Trends data that you should know in 2023.
It took only a week for ChatGPT to attract 1 million users
ChatGPT has achieved an amazing milestone – they have gained 1 million users in just one week! This was confirmed by their co-founder Greg Brockman on Twitter.
Not only this, but OpenAI’s founder Sam Altman also shared that GPT-3, Copilot, and Dall_e each had over 1 million users too!
It took GPT-3 about 24 months to get those numbers, Copilot around 6 months, and the most impressive result was from Dall_E which got those results in only 2.5 months.
These statistics surely show how ChatGPT is growing fast with time and will have a bright future ahead!
In 2023, ChatGPT is expected to achieve a revenue of $200 million
ChatGPT is an amazing chatbot created by OpenAI! It has the ability to understand conversations and respond in natural language.
According to a recent ChatGPT statistics, it’s expected to make a lot of money for the company in the next few years.
In fact, one research predicted that ChatGPT will bring in over $200 million in revenue by 2023 and even more – up to $1 billion – by 2024.
The value of OpenAI after the ChatGPT was valued at $29 billion
OpenAI is becoming really successful and valuable, partly thanks to Microsoft’s partnership and investments.
The tech giant invested $1 billion into the AI company in 2019 and plans to invest another $10 billion soon!
That means OpenAI will be valued at a whopping $29 billion which is super impressive!
This ChatGPT statistics is proof of the company’s success and potential in the near future.
There are some rumors that Microsoft is also thinking about using OpenAI’s ChatGPT with its own search engine, Bing, so it can go head-to-head against Google.
OpenAI website receives over 300 million monthly visitors
OpenAI’s website has had some serious success!
They now receive over 300 million visits every month – that’s a whole lot of people visiting their site to use ChatGPT.
In November 2022, there were only around 18 million visits, but an impressive jump to 304 million was reported in December 2022 just after the launch of ChatGPT.
From this Chat GPT Statistics, it’s clear that this spike in visitors is only because of the ChatGPT.
People are really loving it and it’s awesome to see OpenAI getting so much attention!
Microsoft Azure Power ChatGTP
Microsoft’s commitment to artificial intelligence extends beyond simply investing in OpenAI.
Through its own cloud-computing technology, Azure, Microsoft is providing the essential computational power and resources needed for ChatGPT.
Azure provides a reliable platform for OpenAI and ChatGPT to thrive, powering a vast amount of computing tasks that they draw upon.
In addition to Microsoft, Linked In Co-Founder Reid Hoffman and Khosla Ventures are behind ChatGTP
The success of ChatGPT is due in part to the support it has received from some high-profile companies and individuals.
Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, and LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman have all invested money into OpenAI’s project.
The support of these companies has allowed OpenAI to continuously refine and improve ChatGPT, making it one of the best chatbots available.
ChatGPT is powered by the world’s largest neural network
ChatGPT, the latest language model from the GPT-3 series, has redefined what can be accomplished with AI – training a comprehensive, large language model using only 570 GB of textual data from across the web.
it has established new standards in artificial intelligence as embodied in language models.
Indeed, ChatGPT is believed to be the largest such language model ever, with 175 billion ML parameters.
ChatGTP is not available in every country due to security concerns
Unfortunately, due to security concerns, ChatGPT is not available in certain countries, such as China, Russia, Ukraine, Afghanistan, Iran, Belarus, and Venezuela.
This means that people living in these countries are unable to experience the convenience and ease of use that make ChatGPT so popular around the world.
However, those countries may eventually gain access after security concerns have been addressed. Until then, ChatGPT will remain inaccessible to them.
ChatGPT Language Model Training
ChatGPT is a language model that is highly advanced and utilizes the latest artificial intelligence technologies.
It has an intensive training process that uses immense amounts of data, over 570 GB, and requires eight NVIDIA V100 GPUs and Microsoft’s Azure AI supercomputing technologies.
Here are more details about it:
- There are over 570 GB of text in the training dataset.
- It uses 8 NVIDIA V100 GPUs.
- ChatGPT’s machine learning is based on Microsoft’s Azure AI supercomputing technologies.
- There are 24 layers in this model.
- Approximately 96 attention heads are present in this model.
- Many GBs of data were used to fine-tune the model.
ChatGPT Provides Users With Information Prior To 2021.
When asked about the latest political news and about the individuals and organizations involved in the chat, GPT replied, “as my training only goes up until 2021 ”. It furthermore added, “not currently able to browse the internet.”
The training of the model stopped in the year 2021. Hence, it does not provide the readers latest information or the latest updates.
On the other hand, it also does not provide details related to some of the issues prior to the year 2021.
Open AI Statistics
Here are some more statistics about ChatGPT’s parent company Open AI
- The CEO of OpenAI is Sam Altman.
- In 2015, OpenAI was formed by an impressive group of entrepreneurs – Elon Musk, Greg Brockman, Sam Altman, Ilya Sutskever, and John Schulman.
- A revenue of $200 million is expected by 2023 for the organization.
- To create an image with OpenAI, you need to supply a written prompt and it will cost you approximately 2 cents.
- Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, and LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman have invested money in OpenAI.
- The secondary share sale of OpenAI valued it at $20 billion.
- For every 2,000 words of the content generated by developers licensing their technology, the company charges around a penny or just a little more.
- The revenue of OpenAI is expected to reach $1 billion by the end of 2024.
- The company has more than 100 employees.
- DALL-E launched in 2021, revolutionary software that takes data and produces images for users.
- As of December 2022, OpenAI skyrocketed to become the 1441st most visited website in the entire world!
- OpenAI launched GPT-3 in 2020. It is a language model that was trained using trillions of words from the internet.
- Nearly 48.98% of OpenAI’s website traffic is from direct links, while the other 43.63% comes from searches.
- From a non-profit in 2019, OpenAI became a “capped” for-profit in 2019. Profits on any investment are capped at 100X.
- OpenAI’s social media presence is most strongly represented on YouTube; nearly 46.55% of their total traffic originates from YouTube, whereas Twitter accounts for 18.39%.
- Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, and Infosys are among the companies backing Open AI.
- OpenAI started receiving more than 21 million monthly visitors from December 2022, after the launch of ChatGPT.
- An impressive 21% of all visits made to the OpenAI website come from the United States.
ChatGPT is going to monetize soon (Confirmed by ChatGPT founder)
Open AI announced ChatGPT plus on 1st February at $20 a month.
On 1st February 2023, OpenAI announced ChatGPT plus at a $20 monthly plan. This plan membership will give users priority access to the AI chatbot even during peak hours.
After the launch of ChatGPT, OpenAI became leading machine learning platform by funding raised.