When it comes to SEO, there are a lot of questions in every marketer’s head. Especially when you are at the early stage, figuring out your web page ranks, keywords usage, and then optimizing On-page and Off-page can be overwhelming.
That’s where SEO tools come into the picture. It manages and monitors your search engine rankings. At its core, SEO developed HTML4 guidelines as an extension to web access to help you identify the purpose and content of your business. This meant that web pages had unique page titles that accurately reflected their content, keyword headings to highlight the content of specific pages, and the corresponding treatment of other tags.
What is SEO?
The term SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is the process of improving both the quality and quantity of a website’s traffic. SEO helps with just the organic traffic and not the paid traffic.
Now here’s a fact- SEO is necessary if you want to boost your website’s organic traffic and in order to properly optimize your website, you need tools that can help you in the process.
We’ve put together a great sample of the best SEO tools on the market, with various uses and tools that meet a wide range of everyday needs. These tools are fast and easy to use. We hope you find the best today that you can put to good use.
Best SEO Tools to Try in 2022
1. Google Analytics
Google Analytics’ free version of the product can help you manage your website’s SEO. It is probably the most popular analytics tool out there. It provides you with a full range of data, which you can use to improve every aspect of your marketing. It can also provide valuable penetrations into your audience, including where they are established, what kind of equipment they use, and their demographics. As per marketers, Google Analytics is one of the most important tools that anyone would need for measuring the traffic and other details and improving it. Here are a few useful features if Google Analytics-
- Campaign Measurement.
- Website conversion and user activity.
- Audience reports
- Channel grouping
- Content grouping
- Event tracking and more.
2. GSC (Google Search Console)
Google Search Console has many tools that can help you find the search terms and phrases your target audience is looking for. Google Search Console allows you to observe and report your website’s presence in the Google SERP. All you need to do is append a code to your website or verify your website via Google Analytics, and you can submit your sitemap for indexing. However, you do not need a Search Console account to appear in Google’s search results; you can check what is indexed and how your website is described with this account. Some of the GSC features include-
- Keyword analysis through search queries
- Asses user interaction
- Page positioning in search results
- Site coverage
- Submit pages for indexing
- Errors and unindexable pages
- Sitemap submission, etc.
3. GMB (Google My Business)
If you run a company with a physical store, use Google My Business (now Google Business Profile) to claim your business listing and display it in Google Maps, Knowledge Panel, and Local Pack. Improving your Google business profile is the first step you’ll want to take. Ensure your times and address are correct, including photos and videos, and respond to all reviews. Doing so will help you rank your business locally. GMB offers multiple useful features for local businesses like-
- Allows customers to submit reviews about a company.
- Allows businesses to showcase their photos.
- Lets businesses add posts that includes images and text.
4. Google Data Studio
Google Data Studio allows you to create interactive dashboards and statements. It integrates with Google’s tools suite, making it easy to integrate data from places like Google Search Console, Google Analytics, etc.
Its amazing features include:
- Nifty dashboard
- Performance driven-in memory BI engine
- Ease of use and real-time collaboration helps you to edit reusable data sources.
- The best part is you can cover third parties from printing or duplicating your data studio reports.
5. Google PageSpeed Insights
Pagespeed is both a ranking factor and attention for the user experience, so it’s important to stick to it. You can apply this tool to get your PageSpeed score and learn how to correct it.
Google Pagespeed insights features includes:
- Accessing your page speed and user experience.
- Separation of field and lab data to change the navigation menu bar for mobile and desktop.
- The tools help in managing web page speed and performance in measurable metrics.
6. Google Mobile-Friendly Test
Google’s mobile-friendly test indicates how easily a visitor can reach your page on a mobile device. It also identifies specific mobile usage issues such as being too short to read text, asynchronous plugins, etc. With Google’s mobile-first indexing, having a responsive website is more important than ever.
Here are some of its key features:
- It offers a complementary tool that helps you to test your live website.
- It has a simple, accessible and friendly interface.
- You can also test page website pages for mobile friendliness, simplicity and accessibility.
7. Google Keyword Planner
Google KW Planner is Google’s keyword examination tool. Apply it to generate keyword ideas based on ten seed keywords or a website or URL. Although keyword planners have limitations such as lack of total search volume, it is helpful to search for keyword ideas that you may be struggling to find using traditional keyword research tools.
Google keyword planner have some awesome features
- Compare date range functionality.
- Average monthly searches and more.
- You can identify mobile trends and opportunities for daily budget suggestions.
8. Google Trends
Google Trends has been throughout for years, but it’s rarely used. It gives you information about keywords, and it also provides a great insight into trends about the subject, which can be invaluable at any grade of business development.
Google trends features include:
- The invaluable features like market research.
- Product research.
- Keyword research for SEO improves marketing and online advertising.
9. Bing Webmaster tools
Microsoft Bing Webmaster gives you access to many tools that offer insights into your websites, such as reporting, diagnostics, and SEO tools. SEO tools that you can utilize for free have the power to help you analyze your site, manage backlinks, and review keywords to ensure that your site is an organic search.
Bing webmaster features includes:
- The webmaster tools track helps you to find the keyword you rank in.
- Upload sitemaps and submit URLs, control crawling and test robot.texts.
- Easily remove copyright notices.
10. Rank Math
Rank Meth is a popular WordPress SEO plugin with over 300,000 installations to date. And for a good purpose – it offers Google Search Console and Google Analytics data right into your WordPress dashboard, provides rank tracker tools, monitors 404 errors, generates schema markup, and much more.
Here are some key features of Rank Math:
- Google keyword suggestions
- Keyword integration
- Click-through rank tracking features.
- Daily budget suggestions
11. Yoast SEO
Yoast is another helpful WordPress plugin with both free and paid prospects. This is important for many SEOs, as it takes care of most of your SEO technical issues. It provides you with a set of on-page SEO strategies that can help you improve the webpage and allow the crawlers to understand and rank the page better in SERP.
Here are a few features of Yoast SEO:
- Analyze the structure of your paragraphs.
- It helps you choose the right keyword density.
- Tools to analyze external or internal.
Ahrefs is one of the most recommended SEO tools online. As per Brian Dean, one of the most trusted marketers, a tool like Ahrefs is only as good as its data. The tool offers several useful features to marketers like site audit, keyword research, competitive research, backlinks data, content gap, etc. The tool is a paid one but it also provides a few days free trial.
Its best features include
- Web tracking.
- Benchmark reporting.
- SEO auditing, monitoring and data visualization.
If you’re a marketer, you must have heard about Semrush. Semrush is a comprehensive dashboard that reports the performance of domains as a whole and their specific pages. Semrush offers several resources, one of which is the SEO Toolkit. Just like Ahrefs, it too provides multiple features like keyword research, competitive research, position tracking, backlink analytics, backlink audit, and more.
The Semrush software is an all-in-one platform that includes features like:
- Position tracking tool, device and location.
- Also, discover what your competitors are up to with the competitors’ discovery report.
- Equipped with a powerful Google data integration tool.
14. Screaming Frog
Screaming Frog is a desktop-based crawler website. This is one of the most familiar tools for analyzing and auditing particular and on-page SEO problems. With the free account, you can drag up to 500 URLs.
Screaming Frog features include:
- Audit redirects.
- Finding broken links and extracting data.
- Visualizing site structure and generating XML sitemaps.
According to marketing specialists, Majestic is one of the best marketing SEO tools. It has many valuable features like The Majestic Million that let you see the rankings of the top million websites. Did your website cut? The Site Explorer feature allows you to quickly get an overview of your site and the number of backlinks you have.
Its top features are:
- Link intelligence tools
- Use domain metrics in the form of backlink records.
- keyword search volume, and their own flow metrics.
SpyFu is a search analytics company that scrapes the Internet for data used by Google AdWords to identify keywords that companies and websites purchase. SpyFu also combines search results with search terms to give companies more insight into search types and word strings for which they appear on Google’s search engine results page (SERP).
SpyFu has some exotic features like:
- Analytics/ROI Tracking.
- Campaign management for small businesses.
- Keyword research tools and tracking.
Ubersuggest, produced by Neil Patel, is a free keyword search tool that helps you identify keywords and show the search intent behind them. You can find the correct terms to use on your website up to phrases.
Ubersuggest features includes:
- You can measure domain overview.
- Search for organic keywords, monthly traffic.
- Keep the domain score and backlink score.
SEO keyword tools like KWFinder help you find less competitive long-tail keywords. Specialists use this SEO tool to get the best keywords and run analytics reports on backlinks and SERP (search engine results page). Their position tracker tool helps you instantly discover your rankings by tracking your improvements based on a critical metric.
Its key features include:
- Easily find hidden long-tail keywords.
- Organize keywords with a keywords list.
- Import keywords in bulk with KWFinder tools.
Serpstat is a growth hacking platform for SEO, PPC, and content marketing goals. If you are looking for an affordable all-in-one tool for solving SEO tasks, analyzing competitors, and managing your team, Serpstat would be a great choice. Many experts are now turning to this tool, as it has collected keyword and competitive analytics data for all Google regions of the world.
Serpstat has some awesome features:
- Its features include cluster research, search suggestions.
- 244 search databases for Google and Yandex.
- Batch analysis of keywords and domains.
- Rank tracking tool for contextual advertising.
20. Surfer SEO
Surfer SEO helps you find optimization opportunities to increase your search rankings. You can examine any website or URL, and once the analysis is complete, you’ll find a list of steps to implement immediately.
The key features includes:
- Get in-depth knowledge of keyword density.
- Measure metrics like average word count, keyword density.
- Tools that can help you match keywords and page speed.
For keyword research, the clear scope is considered the best tool of SEO Word. Because it runs on AI, it is specifically designed to improve content writing. And it helps professionals enhance their website with creative content.
Clearscope features includes:
- It’s a content optimization tool that helps you in campaign management.
- Competitive analysis.
- Keyword research tools and SEO management.
22. Conductor SEO
Conductor Searchlight is a business-level solution intended to help companies with search engine optimization (SEO). Specifically, it has been branded as a competitive intelligence solution emphasizing organic marketing.
- You can easily know your customers and put the audience in the spotlight.
- Seamless and flexible reporting.
- Discover an agile SEO strategy.
BrightLocal is one of the most helpful SEO tools for local businesses as it is a comprehensive local SEO platform that handles SEO from all angles. Originate with a local search audit of your website to see where you need to work.
Brightlocal top features include:
- This marketing platform can audit every inch of local SEO in minutes.
- Makes content reporting easy.
- Stand out in local search and drive more leads.
24. Answer The Public
Answer The Public is a fan favorite SEO tool that uses Google’s autocomplete complete data to discover users’ questions. Once you enter your search, you can view the results as a mind map or list. You can also save the data to a CSV file.
Here are few features of Answer the public:
- Unlimited daily searches.
- Add unlimited users using a single account.
- Save the reports for future campaigns.
25. Penguin Tool
Getting traffic to websites can be a severe challenge if your website is affected by Google’s algorithm updates. The Penguin tool has one essential purpose: to help you discover whether Google’s updates affect your site.
Its main features includes:
- keyword research.
- Link building, site audits, page optimization.
- Rank tracking and reporting.
Also Read: Google Penalties: How to Find and Recover
If you need a tool that performs all the important information about your website on a single dashboard, then NighWatch is the best option for you. Request any SEO expert, and they have a lot of respect for this tool.
Nightwatch has some awesome features like:
- Backlink monitoring and reporting.
- Graphs and visualizations.
- Google analytics and search console integration.
- Site change notifications.
AccuRanker is an SEO tool that helps users track website rankings through keyword data. It makes ranking your site easier and faster than ever with new, accurate data and a sleek, user-friendly interface.
Its key features includes:
- Multiple search engines.
- Contact unlimited users.
- Use all Google languages and a large array of metrics.
28. Keywords Everywhere
One of the most essential elements of SEO is choosing the right keywords. The keyword everywhere tool is an add-on for Chrome or Firefox that confers data on search volume, and keyword historical trends. If you don’t desire to go back and forth between multiple keyword planning tools, this is a valuable tool.
Keywords everywhere features are:
- The tools show you the monthly search volume.
- Measure (CPC).
- Competitor info for varied APIs.
29. Long Tail Pro
It is necessary to zero in on the right keywords to get you good traffic and convert users. Long Tail Pro helps you do this by finding low-competitive, long-tail keywords within your business location.
Long Tail Pro include features like:
- The most important feature includes creating multiple projects.
- Rendering keywords based on your primary keyword.
- Finding available domain names.
Moz is one of the advanced SEO tools that helps you find essential information about your domain and website. This is a recommended tool for tracking the page and domain authority of both your and competitors’ websites. The premium version also offers keyword difficulty and page optimization tips.
Its key features includes:
- It offers all the link metrics for pages and domains as you search.
- It also displays the domain authority.
- You can measure page authority and the number of backlinks for sites.
31. SEO PowerSuite
SEO PowerSuite includes all search engines. It also offers unlimited sites, keywords, and backlinks to track. The best part is you can easily use these characteristics since they are available for free.
SEO powersuite has features like:
- Helps you in profound keyword research.
- Advanced rank tracking and content and HTML optimization.
- It helps you build quality links and backlink research.
This is one of the best SEO tools you can use to your advantage. It provides in-depth reports on on-site visitors, SEO, mobile performance, etc. WooRank is a user-friendly tool.
WooRank features includes:
- It helps you to sync Google analytics and advanced reviews.
- It also has a keyword tool to optimize your website.
- It has PDF footer customization tools.
Searchmetrics is an excellent tool for improving your website’s web and mobile SERP rankings. SEO experts use this tool to create ranking strategies for website versions.
Its main features includes like:
- Its features include search experience.
- Content experience (on-page).
- Site experience and research cloud that helps you to create quality content and create more pages.
So these are the top 30 SEO tools that marketers love to use. Now if you’re someone who either wants to start a career as a marketer or just knows about the tools that can help you improve your entire marketing strategy, just use this list and choose the ones that look beneficial to you. However, the best idea is to try each and every tool on your own and then decide which ones are the best ones for your business. The best idea here is to use the trial versions of these tools and then buy the right ones.